THANKSGIVING EVE
Today was a pretty busy day for me. I had to work this morning, then afterwards I went to the grocery store (along with eleventy-thousand others who had the same idea), then I came home and got ready to make the food I'd promised to bring to my in-law's house tomorrow.
Only I'm still sick, so when I got home all I wanted to do was sleep. I hit the sofa like a ton of bricks and slept for hours. The kids graciously allowed me to rest, for which I'm thankful.
I didn't make it into the kitchen until around 5:30 this evening. Pey helped me make a Thanksgiving salad with pumpkin pie-spiced pecans (recipe courtesy of All You magazine), Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake, and homemade cranberry applesauce. The salad included my first stab at making my own vinaigrette dressing, and if I do say so myself, it's pretty darn good.
I am dying to try the pumpkin gooey butter cake. With a name like that, you know it's got to be good! That, and the recipe calls for - among other things - two sticks of butter and an entire box of powdered sugar.
Dying, I tell you. I'll let y'all know how it all turns out.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh my! I'm going to have to try that pumpkin gooey butter cake. I love Paula Deen.
Happy Thanksgiving Pley!
I went to go to the store yesterday at 10am and it was crowded already! Yikes!
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy that gooey gooey gooey cake!
Post a Comment