HAPPY TURKEY DAY
We spent the day at my in-laws, eating good food and watching lots of TV. We saw the original Rear Window, the network version of The Incredibles, and a little bit of The Office before heading home for the night. We also watched a bit of the Dallas vs. NYJ game, but Dallas was romping the Jets so we got bored and changed the channel.
I did take a few minutes this morning to meet my siblings at Black Eyed Pea, where they were having Thanksgiving lunch. It was nice to visit with Tree again, as I hardly ever get to see him anymore now that he's a big cop in H-town. Every time I look at him, I'm amazed at the man he's become. In my eyes, he'll always be four.
Mom would have been proud.
The pumpkin gooey butter cake was a smashing success. I couldn't taste it very well, as my sinuses and sense of smell and taste are wonky right now, but I can honestly say that the, um, texture was good. LOL. The family loved it, which is more important anyway.
EMTsis and I are going to meet at Kohl's at 4:00 a.m., which is just over five hours from now. I'd better get to bed ASAP, as I have to go to work after shopping. Yikes. So, good night!
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck shopping this morning. You are braver than I.
Hope you had success at Kohl's. DH went to our newly opened Kohl's but the lines were way too long to check out so he did not want to waste his valuable time so he left his would-be purchases behind and went on to his next stop.
Post a Comment