Thursday, November 09, 2006

TAR-JAY RULES

At least, their clearance sales do. I went there this morning because I was a doofus three months ago. Allow me to elaborate...

Sometime back in August or so, I was browsing Target's clearance racks and came across an electronic journal which was marked down from $24.99 to $6.98. Thinking this would be something cool for Pey, I picked it up.

When I went to wrap it the other day, I flipped the box over and read the back: "For use with FLY pentop computer." We-elll, I knew I didn't have one of those lying around, so I google'd it. Imagine my surprise when Amazon.com told me it would cost $125.

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

I knew that Target wouldn't feel obligated to take back the journal that they'd clearanced three months ago, so I resigned myself to getting back into ebay and trying to sell it for Christmas. I really didn't want to do that, but there was just no way I was going to drop a C-note now because I jumped the gun then.

Then glorious, glorious Target, unbeknownst to itself, came to my rescue. Today I was again browsing the clearance racks, as apparently I am wont to do, and I came across a FLY pentop computer, complete with charging stand. I could hardly believe my eyes as I beheld the lone remaining box. This $129.99 set had been marked down to - are you ready for this? - $31.98.

I swept the box up in my arms and placed it gently into my cart. My spirits were soaring, and I'm pretty sure Snow White's little birds were aflitter about my shoulders, too.

Pey will get her journal after all. Thank you, Target, for making a little girl's birthday happier, and making her mommy look a little less doofish today.

No comments: