Wednesday, November 08, 2006

BIRTHDAY FESTIVITIES

Tomorrow my baby is turning 9 years old. I think I'll reserve my freak-out for when she hits double-digits. For now, I'm just glad to still have kids in elementary school. That makes me feel young.

Today I went shopping with my MIL. We were on a mission to pick up some gifts for the birthday girl. Pey has been keeping a wishlist in a spiral-bound notebook, so we didn't have much trouble knowing what she wants. The only problem was choosing from the hundreds of things on the list. Her list is five single-spaced pages, plus about a half-dozen sticky notes inside the front cover. The funniest thing on her list: her cousin El, whose mother is selfishly not allowing me to have her. But she is letting me borrow El this weekend for Pey's party, so that will have to suffice.

Speaking of party, Pey is going to have a good one. Her two best friends, plus El, plus Pey, natch, will be there. My friend Laura, who is a Creative Memories consultant, is hosting a scrapbooking crop for the girls. Pey is pretty excited about it! All the girls need to bring with them are about 40 pictures each, and Laura will be there to guide them through setting up their pages and journaling. She's even going to let them use all her tools. It's going to cost me around a hundred dollars for supplies, but the four girls will get to be creative and have some really cool albums to take home with them at the end of the night.

Only they're not going home that night. Pey's having a slumber party after the crop, so now the question is, where is everyone going to sleep? IF they sleep, that is.

Now I've got to get busy straightening up the house. Tomorrow is Pey's actual birthday, and we're having the grandparents over for dinner and presents. Friday = crop. Man, I've got a lot to do. Toodles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Pey! Impossible that she is 9.

Hope she has a great b-day party!

Anonymous said...

You'll have a great time, too!

Kimmer said...

Wow, you are an awesome mom!