Sunday, November 25, 2007

JUST SIX MORE POSTS...

...including this one, until NaBloPoMo is over. In a way, I'm sad to see it go - I've been very consistent with blogging this month, and even though sometimes it's a pain to have to sit down and think and type, I always appreciate it when I'm done.

Tomorrow means back to work for me after an almost-five-day break. Wednesday I only worked until 10:00ish, and Friday I was only there until 9:45. I went to the store this morning with Kane because Gary has said he'd pay him to help clean up the store on weekends. I guess I'm a freebie, as I didn't sign in nor do I expect to be paid for today. But I did a lot of work, which I hope does not go unnoticed.

I think being off work for several days really makes you take stock of how important you are to your job, and how important your job is to you. I still enjoy working at the store, but honestly it's not as much fun as it used to be. The whole dynamic has changed: I'm used to having Gary around to help out and to bounce ideas off of, but these days he's so entrenched in his new job that he's hardly ever there anymore. It makes the days go by more slowly, unless the store is crazy-busy. But even though the crazy-busy days do fly by, they're also much more stressful as I'm having to put out all the proverbial fires by myself.

The one bright spot is that Watson works on Mondays, and he's usually in the store by 11:45. That frees me up a little to work on other things or just run out to grab lunch. He's also there Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, but on those days he's usually helping with pickups and deliveries with our main delivery guy. I may curtail that in the near future - the main delivery guy relies too much on Watson's company, in my opinion - but for now I know it's easier to move heavy items when you have two people instead of one person and a dolly, so I'll let it go.

I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow. It's really difficult to go back to work after a nice long break. But as usual, I'll soldier on and get the job done. Much like I've done with NaBloPoMo, I guess. :)

No comments: