Nothing earth-shattering going on here, but I thought I should update anyway.
--
Had lunch with my aunt last Friday. I only see her about twice a year, which is silly because we live in the same town and she works about ten minutes from my house. Anyway, it was great to visit with her, and I am looking forward to seeing her again before six more months pass by!
--
Saturday afternoon I got a call from my soon-to-be-ex sister-in-law. She told me that she was bringing my nephew for a visit in March, and asked if they could stay with us for a couple of days. Needless to say, I am thrilled! I couldn't be happier that she still feels comfortable enough with our family to drive six hours for a visit. Yay!
--
Last week sometime, I signed up with SparkPeople. It's a fantastic track-your-progress health and fitness site. You can keep track of what you eat, print healthy recipes, and even watch exercise videos right on your computer. I love it, and best of all, it's free. (I receive no kickbacks for referrals, y'all.)
--
Sunday morning I made my weekly run to the grocery store. I bought:
Post Honey Bunches of Oats
Post Honey Bunches of Oats w/Almonds
1 lb. fresh green beans
1 head cabbage
1 large eggplant
Blue Diamond walnuts
Bottle of Propel water (free!)
Ragu spaghetti sauce
Quart of half & half
2 Blistex lip treatment (free!)
Large canister of Kroger oatmeal
2 The Works bathroom cleaner
2 Diet Big Red 2-liters
Dozen large eggs
2 boxes Nabisco whole grain Wheat Thins
2 boxes reduced-fat Ritz crackers
Fresh baby bella mushrooms
Kraft 3-cheese Crumbles
4 cans Grands biscuits
3 pkgs Philly reduced-fat cream cheese
4-pack Dannon low-carb yogurt
5 packages Totino's Pizza Rolls (all free!)
2 packs Birds Eye frozen green beans w/almonds
3 lbs ground beef
2 Glade Wisp starter kits
2 Glade Wisp refills
4 Glade aerosol room fresheners
Suave deodorant (free!)
4 Reach Max Fresh toothbrushes
Before card & coupons: $132.34
I paid: $49.49
Savings: $82.85
I also have $10 in Kroger Kash toward my next grocery trip - the Glade Wisp kits and refills trigger $3.00 and $2.00 coupons (respectively) instantly. Kroger also has a Kraft special going on - if you buy 8 specified products, it automatically deducts $7.00 off your bill at checkout. For this trip, my Kraft items were: the cheese crumbles, the 3 packs of cream cheese, the two Ritz crackers, and the two Wheat Thins.
Next trip, I'm already $15 richer - I've got a $5-off coupon from the Entertainment book for February, plus the $10 from this trip for the Glade products.
I love grocery shopping. And I just realized what a total nerd I am. Thank you, Grocery Game!
3 comments:
Sounds fun!
I'd love to get together with Fishie's grocery/coupon group.
You could have done two transactions with the Wisp first, and walked out of there the whole day paying $39. I do this because I lose those $ off buggers if I don't use them right away.
Love that the Wisp paid for itself. My friend found the refills for 75¢ on clearance and made about $4.50 on that deal alone.
And of course you're a grocery nerd! But in excellent company! ;)
Yes, but I have other plans for my ten bucks. I'm going to roll roll roll your boat for some more $7/8 deals today. :)
Post a Comment