Tuesday, January 30, 2007

CROP!

Kimmer, I just read your blog and wanted to let you know that I feel ya on the scrapbooking - I'm going to a crop this weekend, and I can't wait! I leave Friday afternoon and don't come home until Sunday afternoon. Meals and lodging all included. Of course, the best part is hanging out with other moms like me. Wait, that's not right. The best part is someone cooking and cleaning for ME! lol

I try to do a weekend crop once or twice a year. It helps me make significant progress on my scrapbooks, but more than that, it helps me recharge my batteries. It's nice to not have to worry about anyone else for a couple of days. And I think hubby enjoys the "pass" it gives him to just hang out with the kids and not do anything productive for awhile. He works hard, and definitely deserves downtime.

It sounds weird to say that hubby's spending a weekend alone with the kids is "downtime." But our kids are old enough now (13, 10, 9) that they're not as much effort to take care of as they once were. That's nice in SO many ways...but I'll admit that sometimes I do miss their babyness.

Which brings me back to the crop. I can enjoy their cute little faces in photographs all weekend! :)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Have fun :)

The scrapbooking bug hasn't hit me yet. I'm old school where we keep pictures in boxes. LOL I do have photo albums full and walls of frames, but no scrapbook in sight.

Anonymous said...

I am not a scrapbooker -- yet.

But you getting away by yourself for a weekend doing something you really enjoy . . .

Well, I am trying to decide whether I still like you or not. Have fun, I guess. ;-)

Kimmer said...

My friend who is hosting the party this Friday tried to get a bunch of us together last spring to go up to their cabin in Canada for a whole weekend of scrapping. Now that is my idea of heaven!

Of course, I didn't go. The month before, I'd spent a week in Florida with my mom, and didn't feel like I could take off for a whole weekend again.

But I'm glad you mentioned this, because I STILL haven't checked to see which pictures I have printed, or need to get printed!