Friday, January 19, 2007

ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'

Y'all, I'm so excited - tonight I'm going bowling for the first time in ages! Hubby's co-workers are having a get-together after work today, and we signed up to bowl on a team. I was a little nervous at first about bowling on a team of people I hardly know, but then I thought, whatever. I'm a decent bowler, so hopefully I won't embarrass hubby too much.

Yesterday's lunch with Fish was so nice. We went to Cracker Barrel - yum. We were there for over an hour and a half just talking about stuff. Let's see, we covered family issues, The Grocery Game, and, of course, Steve. (By the way, Fish, I couldn't find downloadable music on www.steveburnsrocks.us, although I did see some of my very own famous pictures posted there, lol.)

We could have talked for hours more, but the place was getting quite busy and our waitress, while polite, definitely wanted the table freed up. My lovely dining companion bought lunch, and I felt like a cheapskate because I only left the tip. It was a good tip, though, so hopefully our waitress was happy. Next time, though, lunch is on me.

This morning I watched "Walk The Line," which was a pretty good movie. In my humble opinion, Joaquin Phoenix totally overacted, but Reese did well. Good on ya, Ms. Witherspoon. Last night we watched "The Interpreter," which I thought was okay because it was for the most part not predictable. I hate predictable movies.

T & J are coming over later to babysit the kiddos while hubby and I bowl, so I need to get the house straightened up a bit. Also, tomorrow afternoon we're hosting the annual "my side of the family" Christmas, which is just another incentive for me to drag out my Dyson.

Yeah, like I need incentive for that.

1 comment:

Pez said...

Happy bowling!

I checked out www.steveburnsrocks.us and saw photos courtesy of you and Miss Fish. You guys ROCK too!