Thursday, December 14, 2006

SECOND ROUND

That's how far Pey made it in the spelling bee yesterday. She ended up in about 11th place out of the whole school, which is pretty darn good for a 3rd grader if you ask me. I might be biased, being her mom and all, but I think she did a fantastic job.

The word that got her - which she will never, ever forget; trust me - was "panic." She spelled it correctly, but then put a "k" on the end. Had the word been "panicking," she'd have been on the right track.

She was a very good sport about the whole thing, and I couldn't be prouder of her.

Way to go, Pey. I love you, babe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Pey! Mom can now pass the torch of being Conan the Grammarian!

I remember in 2nd grade I tripped up on encyclopedia. Bummed me out. The girl who won had to spell Lincoln. I'd have flubbed that one.