Tuesday, November 07, 2006

THINGS THAT BUG THE VICHY, PART DEUX OR TROIS OR SO

Things I've noticed in a forum I frequent. I've posted my pet peeves here before, so excuse the duplicated idea.

1) ........................ - Ellipses include three periods and no more. Get your finger off the key already.

2) I had more that I needed. - It's than! It's THAN!

3) waa laa! - [sigh]

4) "dealio" - The word is "deal." Why make it longer?

5) get em' - The correct abbreviation is 'em. I wonder what word is she trying to shorten.

6) !!!!! - Why would someone need that many exclamation points????

7) :) :) :) :) - Overkill. We get that you're happy. Or psychotic.

8) "envie" - It's not cute to shorten envelope. It sounds dumb and I cringe when I read it.

/end rant

Of course, you guys know I'm not talking about you, right? You, my friends, are perfect in every way....................!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love !!!! I had to curb my enthusiam for them on HER TIME because Paula threatened to ban me.

I am with you on the rest of the peeves though..... ;)

Robin said...

Hey, I resemble that post!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL, Pez. Good for Paula! ;)

I haven't been to Her Time in ages. Need to get back there and check in.

Fishie said...

Oh, let me add one.

It's DIFFERENT FROM, people, not DIFFERENT THAN! Your car is not different than mine, it's different from mine.

And I don't get to send you an envie this week since you jumped the train!!!!! :):):)

xxoo