ORANGE RULES
First of all, I'm sure you all know that the University of Texas football team whupped up on Oklahoma State last night. Hubby and I were out on a hot date, so we parked ourselves at a table at Hooters and stayed for three hours to watch the game on not one but TWO Hooters' tv sets. Two other tables in our section also held UT fans watching the game with us. It was a blast. Hooters has lots of tv sets. (I think I just like saying Hooters. Hooters. Mature.)
In other orange news, tonight is the Houston Dynamo vs. Colorado Rapids playoff game at Robertson Stadium. We have five tickets paid for and awaiting us at Will-Call. Naturally, it's about to rain.
We went to Dollar Tree earlier today to purchase some cheap rain ponchos. Frugal tip: Dollar Tree sells them in a pack of two for a dollar (duh). There are only five of us, but we went nuts and bought six anyway. So much for the frugalness.
And one more orange thing: I'm sitting here snacking on leftover birthday cake. I actually got two cakes this year - one white/chocolate checkerboard, and one carrot cake. In order to "keep it orange," guess which one I'm eating?
Go Dynamo!
Edited to add: They did it! Dynamo beat Colorado 3-1 and with that, clinched the Western Division title! What a game!
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Texas, you crack me up! Keep it orange, yeah!
A belated happy birthday greeting to you, Ms. Pley!
Post a Comment