Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Mom

As of today, it's been exactly eight years since you left us. I still remember that last day at the hospital like it was yesterday...when the doctors turned off life support, it felt as if they turned off my own heart.

Every time I see a yellow butterfly, I think of you. In a way, I feel that the yellow butterfly is you, watching over us from time to time. I almost always see a yellow butterfly at the soccer fields, and it warms my heart because I know how much you loved to watch K play.

I hope that you can see how wonderful your grandchildren are turning out. K is a very talented guitar player now, Pey loves Girl Scouts and animals, and Ry is incredibly smart and creative - and he gives his dad and Tree a run when it comes to Star Wars trivia. You wouldn't believe it.

I know we didn't always see eye to eye, but you were my mom and I loved you very much. I still do.

I'm heading to the florist to pick up some of your favorite purple flowers, then I'll take them to the cemetery afterwards. I'm sure I'll have more to talk about with you when I get there.

Rest well, Mom. You are deeply missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

{{hugs}}