Must be a recurring theme around these parts. Seems like everyone's feeling it right now. I guess it's because the lazy days of summer are behind us.
I've got a gajizillion things to do today in preparation for a double-whammy surprise party tomorrow. (How do I get myself into these things? Oh yeah, it's because I love my family; all of them, darn it.) Anyway, we're having a surprise "congratulations" party for my sister for successfully graduating from the police academy, plus a surprise "happy birthday" party for my s-dad's significant other. Best of all, they're simultaneous parties! Fun! I'm freakin' nuts!
So ... today I am taking other sis to physical therapy at 10:30, then taking her home and making sure she's comfy and fed, then straightening up her house because tomorrow's parties are at her house cuz she has a pool. Then I have to come home, meet two school buses - both of which had BETTER have all my kids on them! I'm going to be counting heads, so look out, bus driver people! - and get the kids snack'ed and homework'ed. Then I have to pack because I'm going back to sis's house to spend the night and decorate the house for tomorrow.
Sometime today I also need to go to the college bookstore and buy my government and accounting textbooks. And I have to get a birthday cake, and some donuts (police-sis's "cake" will be made of donuts. Get it? I crack myself up!) And I want to run by the dollar store and get some little trinkety handcuffs and other such police decor.
But first, I have to get K on the bus, which comes in 7 minutes.
Do you think I have time for a nap?
Friday, August 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope you have time for a nap!
Best wishes for the party tomorrow.
I’m not much of a party aficionado, but I wish you luck with yours. It’s noble that you help your extended family so much, but don’t make it at the expense of yourself.
Post a Comment