Wassup? (How's that for an intro?)
Yesterday, K and I went shopping to get him a new binder for school. (Again with the school supplies!) He asked for a larger one "like Jonathan's" (whoever that is). We found a cool binder at Office Depot, but naturally it was pricey ($15 is pricey, is it not?). The frugalite in me was screaming with every fiber of her being, but I shushed her, sucked it up, and bought the darn binder. I figure it will be good for K to have at school because it has an outside pouch wherein he can put extra class folders, thus rectifying his have-to-go-to-the-locker-between-every-class issue.
Don't worry, I calmed my inner frugalite with some clearance-rack goodies. She's okay now.
Before we went to Office Depot, we went to Supercuts to get K a much-needed trim. The kid has fabulous thick hair, but it grows too fast. He's Sasquatch, y'all. Well, at least on his head.
Anyway, as we were walking into Supercuts, K asked if I'd locked the car. I said yes, and he said oh, I didn't hear the "beep." I told him I'd just pressed the door lock when we got out of the car. What I failed to mention (or realize) was that it would have been hard for me to "beep" the car because, well, the keys were in the car.
Luckily, we don't live far from the stores we were visiting, so I called home and told hubby to come save us. Five minutes later, my knight in shining Saturn drove up and unlocked the car. I'm sure he was thinking what a dork I was ... and this time, he wouldn't have been wrong.
Oh, I do have a bit of potentially exciting news: Hubby and I have an opportunity to go to Italy this fall! Hubs' sis and her hubs (confused yet? ha!) are going, and they invited us to come along. It's a "pay your own way and take your own flight but hey we can all stay at the same hotel but not on all the same nights and hey you look fabulous, have you lost weight" kind of deal. Or something like that. Anyway, hubby and I are both very excited (thanks for the offer, A & C!) and hope we get to go on the trip.
Now I have to get a passport, which costs $97, I think. That's peanuts compared to the rest of the trip, but it's something I gotta do now. I just hope the person in my passport pic doesn't look like the chick in my driver's license picture. Yikes.
Today I'm back in laundry mode - a necessity, since there are not one but THREE mountains of laundry waiting for me. Naturally, here I sit at the computer. Hey, don't judge me - you're here, too.
Anyway, I guess I'd better get back to it. Ah, the exciting life of a suburbanite.
Monday, August 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My passport picture is so bad, I hate it. My driver's license is decent which is why I'm not looking forward to getting my Maryland one, there's a chance it'll turn out horrid!
Where in Italy? I am so jealous!
Katie - so you understand my dread, eh? lol
Kimmer - The plan is to spend seven days and nights in Florence, with a probably side trip to Rome. Oh who am I kidding - a DEFINITE side trip to Rome!
Help, how can I learn passable Italian in two months?!?
ExMundane - I have searched online and cannot find them! I can't believe it. But I promise I have three of them - bought just last week - in my pantry at this very moment. I found them in the camping section at Target near all the other Thermos-type items. I like these because they have a handle that goes over the top (it unscrews) instead of on the side, like a coffee cup. That's important to me because the "up" handle fits into paper lunch sacks. :)
The top also has a built-in folding spoon. Very convenient.
Post a Comment