As I type this, it is 5:45 a.m. and Pey is on her way to school to catch the butt-early bus to San Antonio. I've been up since the alarm went off at 5:00. I am a chronic insomniac, but of course last night was the first night in weeks that I didn't wake up in the middle of the night. So the 5:00 a.m. wake-up call was an unwelcome one.
Despite my grogginess, I'm very excited for Pey's choir. She woke up in a very good mood (it probably doesn't hurt that she gets to miss school for this) and is pretty stoked about today. She will get to ride home with her dad and me instead of taking the bus all the way back to Houston, which should be fun for her.
This post is probably not grammatically correct.
So, yesterday sucked.
1 - The old eBay person sent me an email stating that I had no right to hold her last paycheck despite the fact she signed a contract. I wasn't going to keep the check forever; just until she came in and wrapped up her obligations. Which would have taken her all of fifteen minutes. I've got an attorney backing me up, so whatevs, beyotch.
2 - The new eBay person has worked 36 hours over the past week. During that time, she cleaned up the office (one hour) and inventoried 102 eBay items (six - SIX hours!). The latter would have taken me two hours, tops, as most of it was clothing. She spent two hours shipping out items that I asked her to ship. Actually, I had told her to ship every item that had sold. She stopped at six items for some reason. When I asked her the next day if she had completed the shipping, she said "no." I told her she had to finish all the shipping, which is when she copped an attitude with me and got very rude. She said "you told me to stop shipping and put up some listings instead." When I asked her specifically when I told her to stop shipping, she said "yesterday afternoon." I told her no, I did not tell her to stop, and in fact I had repeatedly told her to get it done. She then started whining about being confused and said that I "just didn't understand." By the way, she worked four full days before I told her to get everything shipped. During that time, she took several pictures but did not put up one.single.listing. Not one. So now I'm out a week's salary on this loser, and have pretty much nothing to show for it.
3 - New eBay person was subsequently fired. She left a letter stating that she "regretted the time she spent working for us." Newsflash: We regret it, too.
4 - Yesterday one of the new guys (Andy) at the store messed up the computer, and I had to go up there late last night to fix it. He should have just picked up the phone when the mistake happened and let us know. He didn't, and it cost me and Gary valuable time and aggravation trying to rectify the problem.
There were more crappy things that happened yesterday, but I'm too tired to remember it all. I'll post more when I remember. After all, crappy days make better blogs.
Off to San Antonio - Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment