KICKOFF!
So today is the first of November, eh? I'd like to know what the heck happened to September and October. This year has just flown, and I am not appreciating the accelerated speed at which my life is passing by.
Anyway, welcome back, NaBloPoMo. This year I shall endeavor to write wittier, more clever, and maybe even more sarcastic posts. I do not know if the latter is even possible, as I'm already pretty sarcastic, but that's why it's called an "endeavor" and not a "guarantee."
Maybe I'll start off the month with a list of the players in my life. Just to set the stage for my millions of readers. You know.
M (aka "DH") - my husband; best friend; shall I go on?
Kane - eldest son; started high school this year; loves ROTC; great kid; wants his own room
Ry - middle son; started junior high this year; incredibly smart; always ready with a joke and a laugh. Oh, and he knows Star Wars trivia better than George Lucas himself. Oh yes he does.
Pey - youngest and only daughter; in the Gifted program at school; beautiful and talented; loves to sing; wants a puppy of her own
Bailey - damn dog
Dad - actually my stepfather, but since my real father is below slime, I consider myself fortunate to be able to call this guy Dad
Jude - Dad's live-in girlfriend (they're both over 50, but that's still "girlfriend," right?); love her love her love her
Nony - younger brother; lives in Oklahoma; divorced from the best thing that ever happened to him; I love him more than pie but damn he's stupid
Tree - youngest brother; is a cop; love him to death but cannot stand his girlfriend (wish he'd taken a clue from Dad in the girlfriend department)
Clueless Beyotch - said brother's girlfiend (that's not a typo); couldn't stop running her mouth if her life depended on it; no one in the family can stand her
EMTsis - sister (one of the twins); fantastic medic; love her but we don't agree on parenting styles, and that causes drama sometimes (*I* believe in discipline and the idea that kids don't get to run things; EMTsis defers to every.single.thing her 11-year-old daughter says)
Tnk - sister (other twin); got married last weekend; is a cop; nearly killed by a drunk driver in March 2006; have more in common with her than with EMTsis, but not as close to her as I am to Jen...
Jen - best friend since we were kids; love her better than a sister
Mary - very good friend since we were kids; lost her son at age 4
Gary - store owner and my boss; friend; major co-irker
Watson - 18-year-old co-worker; super personality; love him; he says he's "part of my family now"
Zac - 17-year-old co-worker; likes soccer; semi-weird; won't be a frequent character in my blog posts
Jay - 17-year-old co-worker; loves singing and acting; may be gay; nice kid but not the best worker in the world - but he's new, so we'll see
Pho - 17-year-old "assistant manager" at the store due to her longevity (one year - working two days a week, woohoo); does NOT deserve that title; other kids at work hate her and are coming to me about it; Gary and I don't agree on what to do about her; more drama to follow, I'm sure
That's all I've got for now, as I need to get off here and get to work. Tomorrow is when the juicy stuff starts! No, really! Okay, maybe!
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loves juicy! I can't wait! Also totally dig the cast of characters trick. Smacking myself that I didn't think of it!
I did not realize that you work with children! ;)
Post a Comment