I AM HERE, AND I AM SICK
Summer colds suck.
Well, next Monday marks the first time I'll have three kids in three different schools. I am not sure just when my baby Kane got old enough to go to HIGH school, but there he is. I just know it will be like next week when he heads off to college. I am constantly getting teary-eyed about that, and the time hasn't even come yet.
Ry is starting junior high (here it's called "middle school" or "intermediate school" - grades 6 through 8) next week. Tonight the kids got to pick up their schedules and walk the building to get a feel for where they'll need to go when school starts. They also got their lockers, which I think was the most exciting part of all for Ry. It's good that he's a tall kid, by the way, as he has a top locker - and they're in columns of three high. When I was in 6th grade, giving me a top locker would have been a waste. Fortunately, my kids seem to have inherited their dad's normal height, as opposed to their mom's diminutive stature. Whew.
Pey will be in 4th grade at the elementary school. She was tested for the Gifted & Talented program last spring, and she scored a 93! So now we're the proud parents of a GT kid, which thrills us to no end. I mean, all our kids are smart, but I think Pey has something really special - she is the most creative little girl I've ever met. Sometime I'll post one of the songs she's written. You'd never believe what comes out of this 9-year-old's mind.
DH is doing well at work - keeping busy, as usual. A couple of weeks ago, his company sent him to L.A. for a week, and I got to tag along. Man, does that part of California have some beautiful scenery AND weather. No wonder the real estate values are out of this world. Daaaaang. I've decided that when we retire, hubby and I need to move to San Clemente for awhile. Absolutely.breathtakingly.gorgeous.
I'm also doing well at work. I sold over a thousand dollars worth of items on eBay just this week! The boss is happy, and we all know how good that is. I'm going to be auctioning off a bunch more stuff in the coming week, so check out my listings: my seller id is "discjones" and here is one of the neat-o items I've got listed right now.
Tomorrow dh and I both took off work so we could spend one last summer day with the kids. We have "meet the teacher" at Pey's school in the morning, but had planned to do lots of fun stuff after that. Naturally, I left work today to find a very flat tire on the van, so I guess "Go to Discount Tire" has made the "fun" list. That, and "Buy more Sudafed." Woohoo.
I need to upload a bunch of pictures and videos for your viewing pleasure, but right now what I really need is some Sudafed and a hot bath. Then beddie-bye.
Have I mentioned that I hate being sick?
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope you are feeling better soon, Pley.
Cool beans about your smart kiddo! And no way that you have a high schooler! No way!!
I hope you get a ride-along next time your dh is sent up my way.
Get well soon, Pley!
I have the same reaction about college, and that's at least ten years away for us--I'm just a big sap.
Hee! Now it's your turn to have a high schooler, just as I get a college freshman. No, it ain't fair, but there it is, we muddle through.
Of course it's harder when you're sick. Ick! Get better, you!
Post a Comment