Saturday, August 25, 2007

BLOGGING WHILE TIPSY

Woo! Y'all, this is totally fun, and you should totally try it! Whee!

I have inadvertently combined two Sudafed with one (so far, lol) Bacardi Mojito, and it's a wild ride. In fact, it's all I can do to form a cohesive sentence - even harder to form one with non-misspelled words. Yowza. (Took me three tries and a one-finger hunt-&-peck to stop spelling that word "Ywoolza" - ha!)

Yes, I do realize that everything is funny to me, and none of this is eliciting laughter from you. Unless you've also been drinking, which I doubt, as it's only 1:42 p.m. CST right now. It's five o'clock somewhere, I've heard, so I have no qualms about my condition at the moment.

Qualms is a funny word.

I spent the morning (pre-drunkenness; don't worry) trying to round up school supplies for Ry & Pey. I went to Target, whose remaining selection was lacking, then to Wal-Mart, which I hate with the red hot passion of a thousand suns, and whose selection was also terribly pathetic ("Notebook paper? No, we're out. Rulers? No, we're out of those, too.") Who runs out of rulers?

Office Depot was my saving grace. I shall forevermore start and finish my school supply shopping there. Unless I don't. But for this year at least, they were good to me. Hey, maybe I should buy Office Depot a mojito and share the love.

Tonight we're going to the Houston Dynamo vs. Columbus Crew soccer game. I don't really feel like going, as it's hotter than Hades and I'm sick; however, I'm also working on a good buzz, so maybe I won't notice the heat and my clogged nasal passages. (Bonus!) Plus, the games are almost always enjoyable, so I know I'll be glad I went.

6 comments:

Fishie said...

Anyone ever tell you you're cute when you're drunk?

Have fun!

Oh, and what were you doing waiting until the last minute? Supplies have been on sale a month now! Hee!

Anonymous said...

It's my job - it eats up ALL my time, so I've been missing out on all the good deals. I'm afraid I'm about to be asked for my GG license back!

p.s. I love my job. I guess that's a good trade-off, right? ;)

Pez said...

Whee!

Hope you did not have a Sudafed and Mojito hangover.

I still have some school supplies to purchase - reams and reams of paper. Shame that we have to supply the school with paper ourselves!

Anonymous said...

She's even cuter when I'm drunk...

Fishie said...

Oh, M, if that's you, I hope you didn't have to sleep on the couch!

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Yep, that's him - crazy ass.