WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON
So the job is going well. I've been very busy there. When I was hired, I was told that it would be hard for me to reach 20 hours a week, as the position is part-time. Well, my first week's timecard showed 25 hours, and this week's is going to be much more than that. Last week's, too.
I guess I've been doing a good job, because my boss really seems to like my work. He calls me at home almost every day to talk about things he wants to do with the store; in particular, the online sales and the website. Last Friday he called to tell me that the manager has given her two weeks' notice.
Man oh man.
I have been working at this place for two weeks, and he offered me the managerial position. If I took it (which I'm not), I'd be leapfrogging six other employees. Granted, I'm older and have more experience than they do, but still...
Back to my own job: Our eBay sales are doing very well, but our Craigslist items are going like gangbusters! I've made the store well over a thousand bucks in just two weeks simply by listing items on Craigslist. Love it love it love it. If it were up to me, I'd drop eBay altogether and just put everything on Craigslist - it brings customers to the store, it makes almost instant money for us, and best of all - no shipping. I hate shipping.
By the way, if you want to check out my eBay listings, go here: EBAY.
--
Hubby has been involved in a weight-loss contest at work for the past couple of months. The way it works is that the group who collectively loses more weight than the company's officers (who are their own group) will get a free paid holiday. Yesterday was the final weigh-in, and hubby lost 21 pounds. We won't know until Friday if his team won, but 21 pounds is quite a personal accomplishment. I'm very proud of him.
--
Ry's assistant principal called me last week because Ry had gotten in trouble at school that day. (He's the first of my kids to have to go to the principal's office; guess I've been lucky.) Anyway, what had happened was that at lunch that day, two boys who were sitting across the table from him (Grayson and Tristan) apparently had some goodies in their lunches. Ry and the kid sitting beside him (Jason) were asking them to share their cookies. The boys gave Ry one, but not Jason. Ry teased Jason as the other boys had been doing to him earlier - "Ooooh, look what IIIII've got! Don't you wish YOU had some?" and the like.
Jason eventually got irritated and pinched Ry hard on the back. Ry retaliated by taking Jason's glasses off and putting them into Grayson's salad.
He then took them out of the salad and cleaned them off, but by that time Jason had told the lunchroom monitor on Ry. Ry said, "But he pinched me!" The monitor took both boys to the assistant principal's office. The assistant principal said that both of them were crying all the way there, so she was lenient. She made them both sit out recess and write apology letters to each other.
I must say, when she called me with this story, I was biting my lip to keep from laughing out loud at the salad part. He put Jason's glasses into the salad. lol
Mommy's little troublemaker. heh
--
Better get K to school and myself to work. On the home front - does anyone want to come get this laundry done for me? It's really stacking up since I'm hardly here anymore. :(
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I could use the job - Ship it all out here and I'll send it back with JJ on his way to work. ;)
I wouldn't have been able to keep from cracking up over the salad. You're a better mom than me. And tell Mr. M congratulations! Where did he put it all? He's already a lean thing!
In the salad, heh. The delinquient!
Congrats on the job going so well!
Post a Comment