Thursday, May 03, 2007

IN A RUSH, BUT NO ONE CARES
(Warning: This ends in a major gripefest. But these are just my feelings at the moment, and I will get over it. )

At work yesterday, I spent the morning in a very hot storage unit taking pictures and documenting the items therein. We have a bunch of good stuff in there: another antique treadle sewing machine, a full desk and matching filing cabinets, a craft table complete with outlet, salon-grade manicure and pedicure stations, two refrigerators, two large fans, a power generator, a professional floor buffer, and an industrial welding set. And that doesn't even cover half of it.

The rest of the day was spent packing up eBay items, going to the UPS store, dealing with customers, and figuring out our business system, which is done through Microsoft Access. I finally got the latter done near the end of the day.

Today I need need need to get to the store and get busy listing items online. Then I need to work on the website. But my family is just not cooperating - Ry griped when I told him he'd be going to school early with Pey, who has choir practice at 7:15. K griped even more when I told him he'd be catching the bus on his own this morning. Even hubby asked me, as I was rushing out the door, to make his coffee for him. Granted, that doesn't take very long, but still, geez.

No one in this family seems to respect what I do, or that I have a job. I am near tears right now because I just can't seem to make anyone understand that this is important to me, and that all I crave is a little bit of "how's it going?" and "how can we help?" Right now, I'm not holding my breath.

3 comments:

Kimmer said...

Oooo, Access! I teach basic Access classes, but it's the Office program I use the least myself.

As for the family, it sounds like they're still adjusting to Mom having a job other than them. They'll live. I've gotten pretty good at saying "I need some help," especially when I have craziness at work. They usually step up to the plate.

Beth said...

Sounds like it's mostly going great. You have a job you are enjoying and that's fantastic!

I hope your family gets use to the new schedule soon!

Pez said...

{{hugs}} Pley. I hope your family comes to its senses and realizes how important this job is to you and that they will need to make a few sacrifices (like their own coffee and catching the bus) to support you.