SLEPT BETTER LAST NIGHT
I think pure exhaustion finally set in. After a weekend of being on the go, my body just gave out. I fell into bed at 10:30 and slept until I heard the radio DJs squawking this morning. I could have happily dozed another three hours, but I'm grateful for the uninterrupted REM sleep I got last night.
K is working on a project this week for his Communication Applications class that I'm finding very interesting and fun. The kids had to make up professional-looking résumés for themselves, then on Friday they have to dress in business attire and go through a mock interview. MAN I wish they'd had this kind of stuff when I was in junior high.
K, of course, is already fretting about having to wear a tie to school on Friday. This from the kid who is joining ROTC next year and will have to wear a uniform to school one day a week every week. He says that's different. Ah, okay.
I drove Pey and Ry to school this morning because today is picture day and Ry had to be there early for the Safety Patrol group picture. He's such a cutie. Their individual pictures will be taken later in the day, and I really do hope they come out nice this year. Pey's hair is always messy in the school photos, no matter that we spend half an hour fixing it up in the morning. I guess that's par for the course, though - in my own school pictures (at least the elementary school versions) my hair was always frazzled. I'd be glad to lower my standards IF they'd bring down the prices to a reasonable level. No way I'm paying $25 for one 8x10. Multiply that by three kids and OUCH.
I accidentally ran over a bird while driving the kids to school this morning. I didn't hit it with a tire - it landed in the middle of the street right in front of me and didn't try to fly away until the van was right overhead. In my rearview mirror I could see the little guy flailing around, and I felt really bad. It was a good opportunity for me to talk to K about which animals to dodge and which to just keep driving for - I told him that if he ever gets into a wreck for avoiding a squirrel or bird, well, we'd have to talk. I feel for the little animals, but they're not worth having a wreck over.
Speaking of K, it's time to drive him to school. See ya!
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not worth having a wreck over! My God! How could you! You sound like one of those evil conservatives, or something. ;-)
I just filled out the class photo forms for my two school attendees.
Glad you slept better, Pley.
Post a Comment