Last night when I went to bed, I checked on the kids as usual. Pey was lying on top of her covers and breathing heavily. I leaned down to kiss her and discovered that she was hot. Worrywart that I am, I put her in my bed with me so that I could keep an eye on her.
This morning she was still feverish and had that "I'm sick" look around her eyes. You guys know what I mean. So I kept her home from school today; first day she's missed all year. During the day, she miraculously got better - I checked, a lot - so tomorrow she'll be back in class. She wants to go back, actually, because being the only kid at home is boring, especially when you're sick and mom won't let you do anything fun.
Tomorrow is the last day of school before spring break. The kids can't wait. We have no plans for next week, but at least we should be able to sleep in. Well, I'll still get up with hubby and help him get his breakfast, but overall we should be more rested.
Speaking of hubby, he comes home tomorrow around noon. I'm looking forward to seeing him.
---
Here are a couple of pictures for you. They're of my sisters and me thirty some-odd years ago, then the three of us last November. Wonder whatever happened to those old Go-Go boots...
L-R: Me, Tnk, EMTsis


L-R (superhero identities hidden): Constable Tnk, EMTsis, and Just Me (sigh)
2 comments:
cute boots!
Cuuuuute pictures, love the boots! Hope Pey is feeling better!
Post a Comment