AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
So I got tired of talking about my vajayjay and "the twins" and decided to head in a new direction with this post. Fortunately, I've got new stuff to say.
I got a job.
Yes, really.
I'll be working at an established company in their Legal Department, which I've never done before. Fortunately, the duties, as they were described to me, sound right up my alley. I'm proficient in Word, familiar with Excel, can probably do various other tasks as requested (what does that MEAN?), and am darned professional-lookin' when I gussy myself up.
The beauty of this job is that it's a temporary position. Meaning, I could be employed two weeks or two months or two parsecs (I'm taking Star Wars liberties with the latter word being used to describe time instead of distance). Anyway, I got a call today from the HR person to whom I'd sent my résumé a couple of weeks ago. She asked if I'd be interested in temping for them. Which is the same company DH works for. And they'd pay me a whopping amount of money per hour.
Uh, yeah, I think I can handle that.
Starting tomorrow.
[gulp]
I'm still going to be able to take off for my mammogram on Monday, too.
I'm excited and very nervous at the same time. It's cool that hubby and I will be able to make use of Houston's HOV lane, thus bypassing all the poor drivers on the main lanes. We should be able to get to work and home in near-record time. Hubby's mom even volunteered to come over and meet the kids' school buses every day - which was a load off my shoulders, let me tell you.
On the other hand, I'm nervous as hell about how I'll do in a business environment after all these years.
Tomorrow's the big day, so I'd better get off here and decide what to wear. The attire is "business formal," which in plain English means "pantyhose required."
Oh crud, do I even have any pantyhose?
Wish me luck!
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Very cool about the job, Pley! Best wishes tomorrow! (but boo! about the panythose!)
Pantyhose, ick. Trouser socks with some nice pants, that's my motto. However, my job is much more casual than yours sounds. Congrats!
What the hell is DOGIC? That's me, Kimmer, up there.
LOL, Kimmer. I was wondering WTH dogic was, too. Did you figure it out?
Pley, we want details ASAP, woman!
Soooo, how did the first day go?
Ick on the pantyhose.
Post a Comment