Saturday, January 06, 2007

TONIGHT I'M GONNA GET DRUNK. WHO'S WITH ME?

Well, despite my optimism about 2007 being better than 2006, this year - all six days of it so far - are in the crapper.

Thursday we find out that my mother-in-law has a brain tumor. I SO cannot tell the kids, but with all the skirting the subject that's been going on around here, they're bound to be suspicious by now. Top that off with this: her doctor not only didn't set up her appointment with the neurosurgeon, (as he'd promised he'd immediately do); he didn't even bother to let her know he didn't do it. In the words of my sister-in-law, "he's SO fired!"

Friday, the day after we found out about MIL's tumor, the aforementioned sister-in-law's husband got laid off from work. While he was on a business trip in San Francisco. Before he even got back to Texas. His company let him close two business deals - then fired him the same day. Asswipes.

Today I called my brother in Oklahoma to see how he and the wife and kids were doing. He informed me that he had a new address. Of his very own. I can't believe it...he's getting a divorce. The funny thing is, we always told him that if he ever left his wife, we'd keep her. But now that it's a reality, I just hope we can keep all of them.

Man, this sucks. This, 2007, was going to be the GOOD year. I just knew that nothing could top last year for general suckitude, but these first six days have been a bitch.

I'm off to make the title a reality.

4 comments:

Pez said...

Oh shit! I am so sorry, Pley. I will keep you in my thoughts. Please keep us posted about your MIL. {{hugs}}

Fishie said...

Let's pray that it can only get better from here, and that you can take the six sucky days in exchange for 359 good ones to follow.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about this shit, too, Pley.

Keep in mind that you, your husband, and your kids are pretty much happy and healthy, all right?

Beth said...

I hope you were able to lose yourself a bit the other night! What a sucky beginning to the year!