Wednesday, January 03, 2007

TO HELLOS, GOODBYES, AND FRIENDS MADE IN BETWEEN

First, let's bid a fond farewell to 2006. In particular, farewell to last March:
  1. Farewell to K's broken ulna and the painful surgery and recuperation that ensued.
  2. Farewell to the drunk driver who nearly killed my sister, and who is currently behind bars for the next seven years.
  3. Farewell to half-forgotten birthdays; Ry, I think we owe you a do-over of your 10th birthday. I'm so sorry, son.
  4. Farewell to toxic family members. Forever.
  5. Farewell to family trauma, and here's to the ever-growing maturity level in this family.
  6. Farewell to losing beloved family members and those who just felt like family, too.
  7. Farewell to hubby's old job and the crappy way in which they laid people off just.like.that.

And with that, I hereby bury last March.

In 2007, I hereby resolve to:

  1. Be less critical.
  2. Write a book, or at least a short story, about my childhood experiences. It doesn't have to be published, but it needs to be said.
  3. Eat at least five salads a week.
  4. Clean out the garage.
  5. Clean out my closet.
  6. Have a garage sale.
  7. Stay current on the laundry.
  8. Play at least one game a week with the kids.
  9. Get a passport.
  10. Take a family vacation.
  11. Accomplish something just for me.
  12. Help hubby accomplish something just for him.
  13. Make more resolutions as I see fit.

The one I'm most likely to break is number seven. I'm already pitifully behind. Maybe number 14 should be "Teach the kids to do their own laundry." Ooh, yeah, I like that one!

No comments: