Sunday, January 14, 2007

POSTPONEMENT

Mom's appointment with the neurosurgeon is going to be on the 22nd. She was unable to get in to see the other doctor last Friday, as she had a previously-set appointment with yet another neuro for the 29th. The not-so-nice appointment booker said something about repetition...I don't know. Anyway, since they'd promised her she'd be seen last Friday and then reneged, they bumped her up a week to make up for it.

I will most likely be taking Mom to the appointment, which I am honestly dreading. Don't get me wrong - I'm extremely grateful that she's letting me help her - but I am deathly afraid of what we will hear.

We saw Mom today, and she said she was having a very good day. No dizziness or headaches. She was happy we came over, and loved on the kids as much as they'd let her. I think they'll be more receptive to all the hugs when we tell them what's going on. Which won't be until after the doctor's appointment on the 22nd.

I just realized that I'm more afraid of telling the kids than I am of hearing what the doctor has to say.

3 comments:

Pez said...

I would be afraid to tell the kids too, Pley. It is hard sharing bad news with your kids when you cannot protect their feelings and make it all better for them. {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Keeping you guys in my thoughts.

Katie said...

Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way.