Q & A
Today I thought I'd do a little catch-up on other posts and also on some of the comments I've received. Onward!
To Robin regarding The Grocery Game: You should DEFINITELY give GG another chance. It only costs $1.00 for the first four weeks, and I promise you you'll more than get your money back. Start here: www.thegrocerygame.com. And kiss generics goodbye! ;)
To Pez regarding the Cranium coupon: Go to Target and purchase a 10-pack of Minute Maid Kids orange juice boxes. On the outside of the package it says something like "Cranium Savings Inside." Inside the package are two $5.00-off Cranium coupons. One of them is very specific; the other says "Save $5.00 on any Cranium product (except Ziggity)." That's the one I used.
In other news:
Tnk's friend's son Trey, who was hit by a car, has been released from the hospital and sent home! He has months of rehab ahead of him, but he will survive. God is truly good.
K has still not asked Ashley for her phone number. He is incredibly shy. I just hope she doesn't break his heart without knowing she's doing it. lol
Pey is definitely over whatever bug she had the other day. As her mommy and clean-up crew, I am very thankful for that.
Ry misspelled "layette" in the school spelling bee. This is a child who could spell "acknowledgement" at four years old. I felt really bad for him. But hubby, three children later, didn't even know what a layette was, so Ry is actually ahead of the game.
Tree is loving his new police job. His hours at the moment are 6:00a to 2:00p Monday through Friday. We've all told him to forget about that - he's a rookie, and as such will soon be relegated to chasing perps in the crappiest part of town in the middle of the night and every weekend. But as his worried big sister, I like his current hours much better.
Tnk is about as fully recovered as she will ever get. Her right thumb will never bend again, and she has nerve damage on her left hand that will forever keep it from bending fully. But she is back at work and doing a great job, and I could not be prouder of her.
EMTsis also continues to impress me. On Thanksgiving Day, when we were all at my great-grandmother's house celebrating her birthday, my aunt D fell ill. EMTsis grabbed her medic bag and checked her out, then immediately recommended that aunt D go to the ER. She went with her, and as soon as they got to the hospital, the physician put aunt D on medication to regulate her heart. She will likely have to stay on that medication for the rest of her life. EMTsis's quick action may have saved aunt D's life.
-----
I'm stopping there because once again I'm starting to feel like a failure. (I am not posting this for sympathy; I am just documenting my thoughts.) The other night at Tree's graduation, Tnk was in her police uniform, Tree was in his, and EMTsis was in her EMT uniform. Tnk's partner even came to the graduation, and he too was in uniform. I stick out like a sore thumb in all the pictures. The other night I told hubby I'd start looking for a job to bring in some extra money, but even that feels like I'm failing my children and my family. At 39 years old, it's time I found purpose and direction for my life. So far, I have accomplished what feels like nothing.
Okay, I'm stopping there. I mean it this time. :)
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Pley, go look in the faces of those three beautiful children. Still feel like a failure? I don't see how you could!
Money does not equal success.
Money does not equal success.
Money does not equal success.
Repeat as necessary.
I have so much businesswise and educationwise I want to do, and we're still climbing out of a load of debt, so none of it may ever happen. But I'm definitely "bringing value" to my family and the school and my little job. New opportunities present themselves all the time. Keep your eyes open!
Hey V,
You don't feel like you've accomplished anything because you're not done yet. You are still in the process of molding the next generation. You are setting an example of how family is more important than money - teaching K and Ry the importance of working hard to get an occupation so they can support their family and their wives can stay home; teaching Pey that being a stay at home mom is more valuable an occupation than any professional career. Granted, you may not be where you thought you'd be 20 years ago, but, hey, who is?
BTW - I've heard that the new status symbol is being able to afford to be a stay at home mom. Just my two cents worth.
Post a Comment