Monday, November 06, 2006

WHAT GOES UP...

...man, I don't want to finish that sentence.

It started off with a wonderful birthday on Friday. In addition to a delicious dinner and two cakes, I was gifted with scrapbook supplies, a Real Simple magazine subscription, and a KitchenAid stand mixer. All good.

On Saturday, hubby took me out shopping and we watched our favorite football team win. We shared two pitchers of beer and a lot of laughs. Even better.

Sunday we were in the stands when the Dynamo took home the Western Conference championship. K even caught a hat thrown into the stands by one of the players. At this point I was on a real high. What a wonderful weekend!

Then last night I was told that my biological father ("B"), whom I cut off all contact with six months ago, had called my in-law's house on my birthday. He left a message on their answering machine. And of course, being the sweetheart my FIL is, he called him back. Damn.

In typical "B" fashion, he obeys the letter of the law, but not the spirit. I can't believe he contacted my in-laws to talk about me. He knew what he was doing was wrong, but he did it anyway.

This may not seem like a big deal to a bystander, but OMG I am so angry right now. I have repeatedly told everyone that I am no longer speaking to B and that I don't want him to know anything - ANYTHING - about our family. I can't even begin to tell you how dead serious I am about this. And this man himself has been told point-blank to stay out of our lives and that we want NOTHING to do with him.

With all my heart and soul, I just wish B would just stay the hell away. I am very concerned because I know how he operates - you give him an inch and he'll take a mile. He will see that returned phone call as an invitation to contact my in-laws anytime. That is not what they want, and it is something I just could not handle.

I feel like I'm on the verge of a breakdown. I am honestly in physical pain right now. If you've ever felt like your heart was literally going to break, then you know how I'm feeling.

It is taking all the strength I have to not type out every awful detail about my life growing up with B right now. I want everyone to understand where I'm coming from and not think I'm overreacting. Trust me, I am not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand. Trust me. You don't have to type out every detail, but if you want to talk, you know my number.

I feel for you. It stinks. You are not alone, though, all right?

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it's about, and I don't think you should feel obligated to tell anyone. I doubt you're overreacting.

Big hugs from me, and hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, Vichy. I can understand your pain with him not respecting your wishes. {{hugs}}

Beth said...

I am sorry you are having to deal with this Vichy. Explanations are not necessary.

The rest of your weekend sounds wonderful! Try not to give B the power to ruin it. Easier said than done I know.