Tuesday, November 21, 2006

THE ONE FOR EVIL AMY

Let me preface this post by saying that in my 39 years of living, I have encountered only ONE intelligent female radio personality. Her name was Shelby Sweeney, and Houston lost a really good one when she left us. In my experience, most female DJs rely on their perky personalities and ability to laugh at every.single.thing their male counterparts say in order to keep their jobs. Honestly, I would prefer listening to trash-talking males than to bubble-headed bleach blondes in the morning.

So this morning, a local radio station was having a Battle of the Sexes contest, in which a man and woman answer questions for prizes.

The bobblehead female DJ, when introducing the contestants, says "Today's female contestant is Maria, who is a stay-at-home mom. Maria has a part-time job working with computers, so she's one of the smart ones."

The male DJ, to his great credit, replies "But she is at home with three children, so her full-time job is not an easy one."

Bobblehead responds, "Yes, but at least she doesn't have to report to a boss."

You ignorant bitch. Do you honestly think that at-home moms with small children have it easy? I don't know a single sahm who hasn't wanted, at least once, the chance to dress up and go to work and get paid and have lunch with grownups.

And what does "she's one of the smart ones" mean? If you're implying that most at-home moms are stupid, here's a newsflash for you: Some of the stupidest people I know have college degrees and jobs. I think you know who I'm talking about.

4 comments:

Kimmer said...

You haven't sent a letter to the radio station yet? We're on our way out, or I'd have a real tirade. Maybe later, though.

Pez said...

That is so frustrating!

Beth said...

oooo rah!

Anonymous said...

You go, standing up for us sahms!

I always thought the Donald missed the boat on Apprentice. He should have had a contest with PTA Moms, Girl Scout Moms, Soccer Moms and Homeschool Moms. We all know how to get things done quickly, relatively cheaply, and under extreme pressure.

And since when did working with computers make one, by definition, smart? Any idiot can learn to use a mouse.