MONDAY MONDAY
...really sucks.
I like having everyone home, so the end of this Thanksgiving holiday is a real bummer for me. The whole family staying up late and watching movies together is one of life's good things. I am sure hubby and the kids would agree with me...that is, if they weren't all at school or work right now. Phooey.
The only caveat to this thought process is that K, now that he's a teenager, has other interests at school aside from schoolwork. I'm not naming names, but her initials are "Ashley." I'm actually really okay with this (wow!), so long as K keeps his grades up. It helps that Ash is a very good student - K's Language Arts grade has actually gone up recently (he sits right behind her in that class).
All that to say this: K can't wait to get to school today. He was actually depressed last Tuesday after school because he knew it would be five l-o-n-g days until he got to see her again. We were able to distract him with things like video games and turkey dinners and family time, but I know that in the back of his mind he was thinking about her.
Puppy love is so cute. I just hope I still feel that way when he actually starts dating. Three more years - yikes!
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Can you believe how grown-up your kids are becoming? Sigh.
Man, I would so not be ready for that. Thankfully we still have a few more years...
I'm right there with ya. Chris may have a g/f. He hasn't said anything new about her. He did get tired of Vince teasing him about her last week.
Post a Comment