- The good health of my family (knock on wood)
- Mom's old Home Interiors nativity scene, even though it no longer has its original sheep
- The replacement sheep I bought on ebay (after K broke the original one), which arrived with a broken ear but still fits in nicely with the rest of the set
- The Saturn, which continues to chug along after almost a dozen years
- The red sweater I'm wearing today, which my mother-in-law gave me as a hand-me-down
- Our digital camera, which was one of the better purchases I've ever made
- My sister Tnk, whose recovery continues to amaze me and make me cry at the same time
- My EMT-sis, whose knowledge of emergency medicine is impressive and strangely comforting
- My brother Tree, who graduates from the police academy next week and about whom I am already worrying
- My brother in Oklahoma, who is going through marital problems right now but continues to be an incredible dad to his two sons
- My in-laws, who graciously gave up our Thanksgiving Day celebration this year so that we could celebrate my great-grandmother's 98th birthday with her today
- My friend Mary, who despite losing her 4-year-old son a dozen years ago, has somehow gone on with her life and prospered
- My friend Jenn, whom I love like a sister and I don't get to see nearly enough of
- All my scrapbooking buddies, who make me laugh while helping me get things accomplished at the same time
- And last but certainly not least, my wonderful husband of 16+ years, without whom I would not be the person I am today. I love you, M.
Thursday, November 23, 2006
I AM THANKFUL FOR...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving, Pley!
Gobble gobble
Post a Comment