Wednesday, November 29, 2006

BEEF. IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER.

I couldn't think of anything earth-shattering to write about today, so I thought I'd let everyone know what we're having for dinner tonight:

Mexican food.

I'm defrosting two steaks that I plan to cut up and make fajita-type foodstuffs out of. To go with it, I've got a boatload of salsa, chips, cheese, and jalapenos (thank you, SuperTarget coupons). I do not have guacamole fixings, so we shall have to do without the green stuff, unless I get a hankering to drive down to the local taqueria and buy some. I could make my own, which is super delicious, if I do say so myself, but I'm feeling lazy today.

Why am I going to the trouble of making fajitas if I'm feeling lazy? Because I've got a ton of food thanks to www.thegrocerygame.com, and no good excuse to spend money on going out to dinner.

What's on the menu at your house tonight?

4 comments:

Pez said...

We're having pork tenderloin but I think your fajitas sound better.

Robin said...

Fried chicken salad.

Kimmer said...

Since I was working through dinner, and the kids are in various stages of colds, dinner was a free for all. Sarah had beef broth, Lauren had turkey and mac & cheese, and I'm not even sure if Jeff ate at all. I had leftover sloppy joes.

Anonymous said...

One more day to go and you'll have posted every day of November!

Fajitas? Where?