Tuesday, October 03, 2006

DREAMING OF YOU
Last night I dreamed about friends I've never met. And orange stuff.

So here I was, at the Rachael Ray show, helping her set up the cooking segment. She looked at me and said, “You’re so nicely dressed. How do you always look so put together?” I looked down at my camisole and jacket and thought, “duh, Rach, it’s all about layering.”

A few minutes later, she asked me to run out and get something she needed (what it was escapes me now). I was apparently beamed into someone’s house, where their kitchen table was set with beautiful orange dishes and a large flower arrangement in the center. I heard a noise and turned to find a blonde-headed Jax standing there. He asked me how I liked the table he had set, and I told him it was lovely. Then he asked me if I wanted to see his daddy’s car, and led me to the garage. Inside was a orange Delorean, rather beat up but still cool.

At that point, Pez (wearing a baseball jersey and jeans, and with long, dark hair pulled into a ponytail) came in and asked Jax how he got home from the Mariners game by himself. He said, “I’m good at directions.”

Rachael Ray came into the kitchen then, and said that the table looked good and that she was ready to get started. She cooked up some veal and macaroni & cheese, which Jax declared “delish!” A few minutes later, the doorbell rang – Kimmer was joining us for dinner.

It was sure good to see you guys.

4 comments:

Kimmer said...

I'm so delighted that you had me over for dinner--sorry I was a little late. ;D

Anonymous said...

I bet they had Fish for dinner.

Anonymous said...

I feel left out, for some reason. Maybe I'll be in one of your naughty dreams. Heeeee!

Pez said...

Heehee. I am sure the meal was peanut-free. And should I be worried that my son was good at table arrangements. ;)

And my goodness, you are so put together!