First of all, "HI, BETH!" I know I've been slacking off on my blog lately, but that's because it's harder for me to blog in the summertime. Not because I have a teenager on the computer at night, but because my life has very little structure right now. Without structure, Tracy is a flighty girl who does not blog much. But never fear, school starts next week and I'll be living in structure hell.
Does anyone else dread the start of the school year like I do? I don't know what happened. When the kids were little, I couldn't wait for them to get to school so I could have some free time. Now that they're older, though, I like having them home. They are pretty much self-sufficient, plus they're fun to be around. I can even leave them here while I make quick grocery store runs by myself.
I guess what I'm dreading most is the homework. Most likely, that's what the kids are dreading, too. What I can't stand is hearing the complaining that starts the minute they get off the bus. Here are some of those all-too-common complaints, in no particular order:
(Betty/Susie/Bob/Ruie) was mean to me today!
My leg/head/stomach hurts!
I've got too much homework!
I'm hungry!
Ms. Park/Smith/Weimaraner is mean!
And the best one:
Mom, you forgot to send (money/my permission slip/cupcakes) today!
The list goes on and on.
Hopefully my fears will be mostly unrealized, but in the meantime, I'm a ball of stress. I wish I could go back to the early days when school was easier, but the grown-up in me knows that can't happen - and shouldn't. (I am not currently fond of the grown-up in me.)
I guess I was hoping I'd only have to go through growing pains once in life. The joke's on me.
---
Big news: We got a new digital camera the other day. It's really great, except the battery doesn't seem to last as long as it should. Hopefully HP will take care of that when I contact them.
With thanks and credit for this idea to Pez, here are some random pictures:
K with Bailey. A boy has never loved his dog as much as this one does; I swear.

Pey pretending to have a broken leg. This girl is so creative. The thing on her leg is a slipper sock, but underneath that she had put a koozie around her leg. Her umbrella was brought into play as a cane. Completing the picture was the way she hobbled around the house pretending she was on crutches. It was hysterical. Oh, to be 8 again.

L-R: Me, K, and Ry at Reliant Stadium last Wednesday night watching two soccer games: Houston Dynamo (notice our t-shirts) vs. Los Angeles Galaxy, then FC Barcelona vs. Club America (a Mexican national team). In one night, we got to see the great Landon Donovan plus the even-greater Ronaldinho play. Live and in person. I swear our family is addicted to soccer. We even DVR the matches we attend, although to be completely honest, we usually do so because our seats (season tickets) put us in the line of the TV cameras a lot. LOL!

Well, that's about it from here. I've got to run now and take K over to my in-laws to mow their lawn. The kid makes a pretty good chunk of change by mowing just the family's lawns. Man, he's going to hate it when school starts. [sigh]
3 comments:
I heard about that double header and the crowd it drew and wondered if you where there.
Yeah! You blogged!!
I hate the start of school too. For the same reason as you. Also, the big kids (mostly Z) and I are night people who hate being forced into the common schedule.
Yeah for the digital camera!!
Z would be so jealous to know you got to see Barcelona.
Welcome back (again!).
Great pictures!
Post a Comment