Tuesday, July 25, 2006

ALLLLL BYYYY MYYYYSE-EH-EHLF

That's the way it is around here this week. The kids were all safely delivered to their respective camps on Sunday, and it's been a lovefest around here ever since.

Okay, that's not exactly accurate. Hubby and I spent the first night looking at each other and saying "what do we do now?" We haven't been childless in over 13 years, and I guess we got out of practice. So Sunday night we ordered Chinese food, brought it home, and ate in front of the TV.

Dang, when did we turn into our grandparents?

Yesterday I took hubby's old car to get the oil changed, and the guy who works there told me about a place he knew of that replaces headliners on cars. (The one on the Saturn was REALLY bad, y'all. We're talking ripped-all-to-hell and hanging-down-on-your-head bad.) So I drove the car to this place, which was nerve-wracking because it was not in the, um, best part of town. They only take cash, if that tells you anything. heh

But a couple of hours later, that old car looked almost new! They did a fantastic job, and hubby is thrilled to death. Woohoo! (Wait, is it sad that I'm so excited about a freakin' headliner?)

Last night, I picked hubby up from work (in his "new" 1995 Saturn) and we went to a local sports bar to watch and listen to a live radio broadcast about the Houston Dynamo soccer team. It was very cool. We got to see the head coach and two of the players. Plus, we got four free tickets to next Saturday's game against the New York Red Bulls. Free tickets rock.

What a great evening.

After we got home, we went online to check out pictures of the kids at camp. I don't know if all camps do this, but the ones K, R, & P are at take tons of pictures and post them online every day. It's fun trying to find your kid in a sea of faces. No, I'm not kidding; it is fun. Hubby even made a PowerPoint presentation out of the pics we have so far. If I could figure out how to post it here, I would. (Anyone? Anyone?)

So far today, I don't have any plans. I may be meeting up with an old friend for lunch. We were best friends in school, and I was even her maid of honor. But I haven't seen her in probably five years, even though we live in the same town. How does that happen?!?

Good news: My back is not spasming as much now. I am so relieved - I never want to experience that kind of pain again. Not ever. Thanks for all your comments and concerns; you guys rock almost as much as free tickets. ;)

2 comments:

Kimmer said...

Mmmmm, Chinese. Sesame chicken for me, please!

Beth said...

free tickets do rock!!

Houston is much bigger than my town and I can go years without seeing people I know as well. Amazing. Easy to do in Houston I'm sure.

Good news on the back.