Friday, May 26, 2006

SLACKER, AND OTHER FOND DESCRIPTIVES OF MYSELF

Ever since I moved my blog, I’ve been the laziest blogger in town. What’s up with that? It’s not like it’s harder to blog now; I just got out of the habit. My new summer’s resolution is to write more.

That said, however, we’re heading out of town for the weekend so I won’t be back until Monday night. [sheepish grin]

So anyway, happenings of late include … um … gee, I don’t remember. Oh wait, yes I do. Last Saturday the five of us went to see the Houston Dynamo soccer team play the Chicago Fire. Despite the fact that Houston outplayed Chicago, we fell in a heartbreaking 1-0 game. Phooey.

That night I came down with a sore throat. I remember thinking, “that’s not good.” And it wasn’t. Sunday I was sick with a runny nose and sore throat; by Monday it was extremely hard to even get out of bed. I pretty much slept on the couch all day. Today I’m still congested and a little cough-y, but I’m definitely better. I’ll just say this: summer colds suck big ones.

The kidlets are out of school for the summer now. They actually got out yesterday, but today was so busy with errand-running (getting ready for our trip) that the day just flew by. Then this evening we all went to watch hubby play soccer. After a year of dreaming about it, he finally joined an indoor soccer team a few weeks ago. He seems to be enjoying the exercise. At least, I think he is. He looked pretty winded out there. But his soccer skills are still excellent and it was great to watch him play again. Time and exercise will build up his endurance, and I'm sure that eventually he’ll be just like Brian Ching.

Love you, hubby.

Not too much else to report, and I've got to get to bed. We're planning to leave at the crack of dawn.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. Don't forget to fly your flags with pride. :)

1 comment:

Pez said...

Feel better soon and start blogging more! ;)