Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Musings for my own amusement

So I renamed all my blogger peeps today - see left sidebar. I couldn't bring myself to say that Pez is sour, nor could I come up with a good "F" word that went with "Fishbowl." "Fishbowl Fanatic"? "Fishbowl Flippancy"? "Fishbowl Food"? None of those seemed to "work," so I went the boring route. If I think of anything cool later today, I may change it. But maybe not, as it's my "prerogative." And I do solemnly vow to try and cut back on my use of the "quotation mark."

As I type this, I'm preparing to take K to school for math tutoring. My niece's school has a cool name for it - "Math Club." Once you get to junior high, it's just tutoring. Sometimes K thinks it also means "help for the dumbass," but of course it doesn't. (And by the way, he never said that D word - that was just me making up cool phrases again.) He's way too hard on himself.

Things have been scooting along here at the Pl3ytime household. I could type more, but then K would be late for tutoring. So I'll see y'all later.

4 comments:

Fishie said...

Please tell Darling Kane that the "dumbass" is the one who doesn't take advantage of the extra help offered! The Bigun is doing math tutoring right now, and it's been one of her strongest subjects in the past. She just needs a little extra time to work through the problems of a completely different type of mathematics than she has done before. I'm proud of her for taking the initiative, and proud of Kane for doing the same!

The Vichy said...

Same with Kane. He's done so well in the past that he was put into Honors math this year. Which is kicking his butt. His report card last week was the FIRST (and hopefully only) time I've ever been happy to see a 70 average in a subject.

Pez said...

Well, Pez is Sour so it would not have been a lie. ;)

Good luck to Kane with his tutoring.

Shelly said...

Godd for Kane re: tutoring. Accepting help is a big thing to boys. I'm glad he is doing it:-)

I like my new blog name. It fits, signed Shelly, who has a glass of wine next to her tonight.