Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Today I made 15-bean soup

And boy, was it good. I got up at 1:30 a.m. to put the beans on to soak (I'd forgotten to do so last night), then started cooking them at 6:30 this morning. By 9:00, the house smelled great. I could hardly wait until lunchtime. In fact, I am still not sure how I held out until 11:00.

My sisters were supposed to come over today and help me with some stuff around the house (we've been alternating weeks at each other's houses), but neither of them could make it. Tnk's dog got very sick last night, so she didn't get much sleep at all. EMT fell yesterday and hurt her knee again. It's pretty swollen, and she's going to the doctor tomorrow. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers - she's been struggling with her ACL injury since last summer, and this setback is discouraging for her.

Take care of yourself, sis. And let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'm always here for you. Hey, do you need some soup? ;)

1 comment:

Pez said...

Hey, I'd love some soup (and the recipe)!

Hope your sis is on the mend!