Saturday, November 19, 2005

Time time time...see what's become of me

A better question might be, "Time time time, where the heck have you gone?"

The past few weeks have been so busy that I've met myself coming and going. I absolutely cannot believe that Thanksgiving is in five days. Seriously, my brain just will not wrap around that concept. And Christmas? Fuggedaboudit. "Black Friday" sounds more like death than fun right now.

Tnk's house is coming along, although it doesn't seem quite as close to done when you consider that her moving day is next freaking Wednesday. I don't want to freak out, but I'm starting to anyway. And it's not even my house! I guess I'm just so closely involved in the process that it feels like my problem. Or perhaps these are sympathy pains I'm suffering. I mean, Tnk's got enough to worry about, so maybe if we share the worries, I'll lighten her load.

Yeah, let's go with that.

Speaking of lightening loads, you may have noticed that the NaNoWriMo icon is gone from this page. I finally realized that a snowball in Hades had a better chance of survival than I did of finishing fifty thousand words in 30 days. Thanks anyway, Katie, for hosting the pic for me. I'll shoot for next year instead. I *think* Tnk's house will be done by then. ;)

This weekend we're babysitting EMT's dog. She is the sweetest little thing, and the kids adore her. You all know what this means, don't you? Santa's bag had better have enough room for puppy chow, is all I'm saying.

Today hubby and the boys are going to the Renaissance Festival. Thankfully, P has a Girl Scout thingie that she's committed to, so I didn't have to go to RenFest. I hate RenFest; sue me. It's too far away, costs too much, walking around in mud all day sucks (apparently the fairgrounds are perpetual mud), and EVERY single time I've ever gone, it has rained. Today's forecast says "cloudy," but I'm thinking, yeah, right. That's what they always say just to lure you in. When you get there, the skies open up and the only umbrellas for sale are made of PAPER (what the hell?). Oh, and turkey legs? Overrated.

In other news, the principal of K's school called me the other day and apologized profusely for the Cody incident. He took complete blame for the whole thing. No excuses were made, and man do I respect that.

Well, gotta run take P to Scouts. Then I have to go buy a new car for hubby. Oh, did I forget to mention that? Our Saturn (his current commuter car) is eleven years old and has over 157,000 miles on it. And now the "check engine" light will not go off. Couple that with the fact that the headliner is so shot that you think you have dandruff whenever you ride in the car, and I think it's time for a new vehicle. I just hate the thought of getting back into car payments again. It's been a blissful five months. But the last thing we need is for hubby's car to break down on some crazy ass Houston freeway.

And with that, I'm out of time. Have a good weekend, all.

3 comments:

Katie said...

There's always next year for NaNo! Good luck with the house and car hunting.

Pez said...

I am glad that the principal apologized to you. I hope he apologized to K as well!

Kimmer said...

I think it's time for you to blog again! ;D What happened with the new car?