Katie does NaNoWriMo every year. Despite the fact that I really don't think I have The Great American Novel (hereinafter to be known as "TGAN") in me, I am really tempted to sign up. But can I write 50,000 words in 30 days? That's like a 1,666.66 word paper every day - and I don't know how to write .66 of a word. Would "a" or "I" count, maybe?
With all these questions and hesitations, why am I even considering signing up? I think it's just so I can say "I did it!" I mean, this year is practically a bust for me - I'm not in school this semester; I'm not working outside the home (not for money, anyway - my sis is paying me in Wendy's and Whataburger, which I think is a fair trade for stripping wallpaper and painting doors, don't you?); and I'm not having a baby, either, like Amy is going to do any day now.
So, okay then. I've talked myself into it. I'm going to write 50,000 words. In 30 days. Holy cow, that's a lotta words in a little time. Do you think I'm allowed to plagiarize my blog sometimes? After all, I'm the original writer of all the words before you; I should be allowed to copy myself, right? I have to write about what I know best, and that would be, well, me. One might ask if I really know myself, but philosophical and psychological discussions are not my cup of tea today. Ego, Id, all that jazz. Bleh.
Why is "Ramblin' Fever" going through my head? Follow this post and you'll figure it out. Heh.
Off to sign up for NaNoWriMo now. Hubby, will you join me in my quest? I know you have got TGAN in you. Time to see that bad boy!
Thursday, October 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I don't know if you can crib from your blog, but I do know that I want to read your TGAM!
Woo hoo!
I want to read TGAN:-)
I want to be able to say I know a famous author;)
Very cool, Trace! Can't wait to read your writings!
Shelly, thank you for pointing out my typo. I guess I was thinking "The Great American Movel"??? Duh.
I have now fixed my blog so that I no longer look so stupid. (But I still *feel* that way. Sheesh. lol)
Woohoo, welcome to the madness!
Post a Comment