Monday, October 24, 2005

La de da

Don't have much else to write about, but I wanted to get the depressing post off the top of the page....

Recent thoughts I've pondered:

Why is it that no matter how many ways I try to steer company AWAY from the laundry room (which currently houses no fewer than five mountains of laundry), they always manage to see the mess anyway?

Why is it that I feel responsible for so many people's happiness? What is this urge within me that wants to please everyone, many times at my own expense? How the heck can I plug it up?

Why is it bad to be a little selfish sometimes? Or is it?

Why do I not want to go to school anymore? Not that I'm quitting, mind you; I just don't want to put forth the effort. At all.

Why am I excited about Christmas? I love love love that time of year. But why, exactly? This one has baffled me for years.

Why am I so happy to be helping my sister with her house? I mean, it's work. Hard work. But I love it. Maybe it's the sense of accomplishment that comes with manual labor. Maybe it's that I love socializing with my siblings. Maybe I feel closer to Mom in that house...? Maybe it's all those things. Maybe I should stop analyzing it and just go with the flow.

Why did Mitch Hedburg have to die so young? His comedy routines make me laugh hard, even though I've heard them over and over and over. Drugs suck.

The kids just got home from school, so I'll stop now. Well, maybe just one more thought: Tomorrow, GO ASTROS!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Me thinks you need to change your major, and go to general contractor school. :)