Wednesday, September 07, 2005

T.T.T.

I have started and re-started this entry four times now. The paragraph went from a novel: "the moment a baby is placed into our arms..." to the simpler: "why don't kids come with an instruction manual?" to the desperate: "never mind; I just need a hug." I'm leaning towards the latter, as I am completely spent from dealing with frustrating teachers and front-office wenches who do not deliver messages.

Nutshell:

K is not doing well academically or emotionally in Honors Science.

Teacher's attitude is "tough tookies."

My gander: Up.

Pounding out of email from frustrated mama ensues.

Tough Tookies email response from teacher is received.

T.T. Teacher implies K may need to be in different class.

Mama puts in call to school counselor.

Three hours later, mama calls again because previous message has apparently been sucked into a void.

Counselor agrees to look into "regular" science class for K.

Mama: now worried about K not wanting to change his schedule.

And on it goes.

Anyone have a Parenting 101 Textbook I can borrow? I just need to see the chapters on "Surviving Sucky Teachers." Thanks.

1 comment:

Kimmer said...

You do not need an instruction manual for kids. You need an instruction manual for kicking ass through administrative bullshit.

What do you think about the class? What does K think? Keep on top of it all and good luck!