Out with the old...

(Can you see where I'm going with this? Wheee!!!!!)
In with the new:

Now I can make all the same "Woweee!" comments that every new Dyson owner makes. So, Wowee!!! Also, let me add "Gross!" I can't believe the yuck that was in our carpets and on our sofa. I even did the "vacuum with the old machine, then with the Dyson to see what the old one left behind." Geez, was the old one even sucking? Maybe, but not in a vacuumey kind of way.
Tomorrow I tackle the mattresses.
Hold me.
Anyhoo ... I got a really good deal on the vacuum, and it wasn't even on sale (do they EVER go on sale?). Hubby had told me many times to "go ahead and buy it, already!" But I'm quite a frugalite (well, most of the time) and was not going to do so unless I could save money on it. I set myself a goal of saving $100.
Lofty? Yep. But I did it.
Here's how:
- We had bought a new dryer back in July, and for that Home Depot sent me a $25 gift card.
- plus...
- Hubby was given a $50 American Express gift card from work for doing a good job, and he gave it to me. (Hubs, you rock.)
- plus...
- I used a "10% off any Home Depot purchase" coupon. That's worth $39.99 on the Dyson, so ...
I told hubby that for my birthday, he could give me a note that says "Here's your Dyson." That would be more than enough for me.
It has been a good day. How's your day been?
6 comments:
Yay!
Cool toy and great discount! I have vacuum envy.
My day has been good, but not "I just got a DYSON" good! I think if I had one of those (no bag to empty) I would vacuum much more frequently.
Woohoo! Is it bad that I'm so excited over a vacuum?
Chris - thanks for the Yay! I've been saying that a LOT myself. heehee
Pez - it IS a cool toy. I highly recommend it. Tell your hubby it's good for sucking up allergens (it is!). :)
Kimmer - your "I just got a DYSON good" comment made me AND my hubby laugh out loud. =D
Tamiscript - I suspect you'll start talking to me again when you wanna borrow my new toy. ;)
And Katie - if you're crazy, so am I. I couldn't stop raving about my vacuum yesterday. Heck, I'm still doing it today!
Woohoo!!
The Snoopy happy dance is exactly what I did when I got mine;-)
Post a Comment