Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor of love

Greetings and salutations! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was pretty good. Saturday was spent cleaning house and shopping, and Sunday we celebrated the in-law's 40th anniversary in style.

I'd hired a limousine to drive us around all night, and it got to our house around 6:00. Hubby, his sister, her husband, our three kids, and I all piled in. The limo was supposed to seat ten, but it was sure cozy in there! We then drove over to the in-law's house to pick them up. All this had been kept a secret from them, but somehow dad-in-law figured it out. (He also shakes his Christmas presents before he opens them; a habit I've been working nearly fifteen years to break him of. Grrr....)

After gathering the parents, we took the kids to my stepdad's for the evening. Everyone thought it was cool that they drove up in a limo - J (stepdad's girlfriend) even had her video camera out. She is such a cutie.

Then we adults headed to dinner at a really nice restaurant called Perry's. Wow, cha-ching. Of course, money was no object on such a special occasion, but still, wow. The food was very good, the service was outstanding, and the company was great. We'd all split a bottle of wine in the car, then had two more bottles at dinner, so all six of us were quite sparkly-eyed. I recall a lot of laughing, but I don't recall what we were laughing about. Figures.

After dinner, the limo brought us all back to our house, where we had this amazing cake that sis-in-law had ordered. She had the cake-lady recreate the original wedding cake, which I thought was the coolest idea ever. We'd gussied up the formal dining room, so it looked very weddingy in there.

Overall, I think the parents were surprised and pleased with how things turned out. So happy anniversary again, Mom and Dad. We love you!

(Denine, they share your anniversary - I was thinking of you all day, too!) :)

Next month: OUR 15th anniversary. Whatever shall we do?

No comments: