No kidding, it really is. The temperatures are easily ten degrees cooler than yesterday, and we have some lovely breezes blowing through the trees and mussing my hair. [sigh] If it wasn't for Rita, I'd think I was in paradise.
I've spent the day doing laundry and cooking up some more stuff from my freezer. I don't know why I keep doing that: theoretically, food would last better if it was frozen, right? But I keep thinking that I need to take advantage of my oven and microwave now, before we lose power. Which may or may not happen, but I'm banking on the former.
Rambling thoughts, these...
I stripped our bed and washed the sheets this morning. I don't know why I chose today to do that, but I sure felt the pull to do so. I figure if I document it here, then after the storm passes (Sunday?) I can take stock of things and maybe it will make sense then.
I also took a shower and washed my hair today, then I fixed my hair and put on makeup. I'm not going anywhere, but just wanted to feel human again. And maybe also a little pretty. I've been slacking off the past couple of days, so I'm sure my husband isn't disappointed that I took a little pride in my appearance today.
Speaking of hubby, he mowed the front and back yards today. We are expecting a LOT of rain over the next week, so he wanted to get those taken care of. Thank you, hubby. The yards look good. I'll go take some "before" pictures in a minute. ;)
I've started putting together an emergency basket full of things like flashlights, first aid kit, radio, an Aim & Flame butane lighter, some candles, and some snacks. I pulled both ice chests from the garage so that we can fill them up as needed. I still need to put all my photo albums and scrapbooks away. I also want to pack up my china out of the china cabinet and store it somewhere. I don't know where, exactly, but any place has to be better than in a glass-front display case, right?
The kids are all to take showers and wash their hair today, even though they did so yesterday and have not been outside. Just never know when you might not have hot water for a few days. Anyway, after they're done, I'm going to fill up the tubs with water so that we will still have flushing capabilities even if the water supply is disrupted.
Storm trackers say that it now looks like the eye of the storm should pass to the east of Galveston. That's good news for us, but awful news for Louisiana. One levee has already been breached in New Orleans today. Were I a NOLA native, I would be giving serious thought about whether I wanted to rebuild there...
We're unplugging the computers tonight, so I may not be online for awhile. God willing, I'll be back soon, though. Take care, y'all.
Friday, September 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I understand the need to be as prepared as possible. I hope you don't need any of those smart precautions!
Take care, I'll be thinking about you.
Thinking of you...stay safe.
Post a Comment