Friday, August 12, 2005

TGIF

Good morning! It's morning here, at least ... I don't know what time you'll be reading this, so just in case, good afternoon, good evening, and good night, too.

I slept like a log last night. Went to bed around 11:00 and woke up to hubby's kiss at 6:50. Left to my own devices, I could have slept another two hours, but being awakened like that was not bad. Not bad at all.

Dare I bid farewell to insomnia ... ?

Today is going to be hectic. In one hour, I'm supposed to leave to rent the car for our trip, then about an hour after that the kids and I are having lunch with my mother-in-law, then when I get back home I have to finish the laundry and pack suitcases and an ice chest. Oh, and at some point I have to run to a store and get a little hostess gift for my friend we're going to visit this weekend.

So - lots to do, but as usual, here I sit at the computer. You guys have no idea how typical this is.

On another note, I am so excited to finally have a blog, plus some great, supportive friends who visit it now. (Waves to Fish, Pez, and GoddessKel - how's it going?) Sorry if I left anyone out. Leave me a comment and I'll put your name in here sometime, too. I warn you, though, you may become terribly famous if I mention you here. You might want to hire a PR person in advance, just in case the paparazzi start stalking you after your name appears in my blog.

;) <-- for anyone who might not get that I'm KIDDING! You most likely will NOT become famous. Nor will *I*, but I'm NOT BITTER. AM I? WHY AM I YELLING? OH, DARn caps lock key. You taunt me. I wish I had some Miss Doxie-esque story to tell, but unfortunately I'm not quite as clumsy as her (love ya, Leigh!). And I went to IKEA for the first time years ago, so any story I told about the store would not be nearly as exciting. Phooey. Well, I'll do my best to embarrass myself this weekend in Austin, then Monday I can share it with you guys. Just wish I was going to 6th Street - that place is always good for a laugh. Hmm, maybe I can dig up something from my sis-in-law's bachelorette party last fall ... HA! You wish!

M'kay, so I suppose I better get cracking on all this stuff I need to do. Have a terrific weekend, y'all. And remember, guns don't kill people. It's those darn bullets.

3 comments:

The Vichy said...

Stranger things have happened...

Shelly said...

I think you definitely will be famous;-)

Can I say I knew you when?

Kimmer said...

Can't wait to hear how your weekend went!